I developed the GestureToolkit as part of my Masters thesis at ASE group in University of Calgary. Its a proof of concept implementation of a toolkit to simplify the multi-touch application development and testing. The toolkit supports WPF and Silverlight framework.
- A predefined set of common gestures. (i.e. sample gestures)
- A domain-specific language to define new gestures including multi-step, multi-user, multi-touch scenarios
- A device independent architecture that allows the application to run on different devices (i.e. Microsoft Surface, SMART Tables, Windows 7 Touch enabled devices)
- A test framework that allows to write unit tests to validate touch interactions and gesture definitions
- A record/playback tool for testing & debugging applications as well as simulating multi-user scenarios
- A visual effects framework to provide consistent visual feedback for touch interactions & gestures
The source code and documentations are available at: http://gesturetoolkit.codeplex.com
A free-hand sketch-enabled multi-user UML Diagram designer. It offers natural freehand drawing with pen interface and on-the-fly drawing detection, which creates a whole new era in UML design experience. A team of four including myself develop the application as part of our B. Sc. Thesis.
- Pen Interface – Freehand Drawing
- Enhanced mouse mode with behavior prediction
- Introduce symbol automatically at the end of connector
- In-place innovative symbol and connector editor
- Exciting UML symbols that adds life to your diagrams and printouts
The source code and documentations are available at: http://smartuml.sourceforge.net